http://drscourierssydney.com/When transporting freight from one state to another, clients would always want their freight or consignment to be delivered in time. Unfortunately, that is not always the case with the available standard interstate freight delivery services.
This is because clients have to wait for two to three days or even a week for them to receive freight or have their freight delivered. However, with the express interstate freight services now available, transportation of freight from one state to another is now faster than never before. Here are some of the features that make express interstate freight better than standard interstate freight delivery:
Hot Shot delivery of freight
Hot shot freight services With express freight a transport company in Sydney can make same day or even overnight delivery of freight from Sydney to Canberra or an express direct delivery from Hot shot freight services Sydney to Brisbane or Melbourne within the very same day. Unlike standard freight deliveries clients don’t have to wait for days or even weeks in order for them to receive their freight. Hot shot freight services use point-to-point delivery mode where there are no distribution centers and that ensures the fastest delivery possible. There is no change of driver on the way, no stoppages and definitely no change of trucks or vans on the way. This means the freight companies will always have an upper hand of making faster direct deliveries when compared to standard freight companies. DRS Couriers sydney provide the best sydney to melbourne hot shot couriers you can find at http://drscourierssydney.com/
Hot shot freight services and after-hours freight and pallet transportation services
While most of the pallet delivery interstate companies operate within limited times of the day or may not be providing weekend transportation services, express freight companies ensure clients freights or pallets are transported anytime weekends inclusive. Through an on call driver network, clients can easily access the services and have their urgent freight transported over
the weekend and/or after hours. Hence, it is convenient for clients to transport their freight at any time without ever worrying about the time limits or the days they are supposed to transport cargo more so urgent freights.
Minimized cases of lost or damaged client cargo From Hot shot freight services
Hot shot freight services in between states is one way which means there is no handling of the pallets or freight along the way. Companies providing direct freight or pallet delivery services from Sydney to Brisbane, Melbourne or any other destination have minimal reported cases of lost, damaged or tempered with freight. Hence it is one of the most convenient ways through which clients can transport sensitive freight that is worth lots of money or one that needs proper handling during transportation. With the direct delivery of freight, clients are guaranteed of having their cargo delivered safely and in the right condition, which minimizes losses on both the freight transportation company and the client.
Express direct interstate freight companies will always be on time when it comes to delivering freight and pallets in between states. They generally tend to be efficient, reliable and less costly. It is hence more convenient for clients to seek the services of express freight companies in Sydney if they are looking for freight transportation services to other states over the
shortest time possible. There are several companies from which clients can get the express transport services and most of the companies are now based online where they can easily be accessed by clients.
THE PROPER GAMSAT PREPARATIONS TO HELP PASS THE GAMSAT
The Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) has grown from just Medical Graduate-entry School test to a defining chapter in the career of medical students in Australia, Ireland and the United Kingdom. It is the required medium for students seeking admission into Australian, Ireland and UK universities for medical graduate entry programs. Before we go on, we may just like to mention that anything you need to pass the GAMSAT, you can’t go past AceGamsat.com
The courses that require the GAMSAT.
GAMSAT is written by students seeking to run the following medical programs
Although, at inception in 1995, the test was designed for only students in Australia. However, in 1999 it became the Graduate-entry admission test for students in the United Kingdom. And later in 2007, it was adopted in Ireland. In Australia, all medical schools use the GAMSAT and some of them are;
• Australian National University
• Griffith University
• Macquarie University
• The University of Melbourne
• The University of Notre Dame Australia
• The University of Notre Dame Australia
• The University of Queensland
• Deakin University
• Flinders University
• The University of Western Australia
• The University of Wollongong
• University of Sydney
In the United Kingdom, however, it is gaining rapid acceptance and is currently in use by about nine British Universities including;
• University of Liverpool
• University of Nottingham
• Cardiff University
• Keele University
• University of Plymouth
• St. Georges University of London
• Swansea University
• University of Exeter
And in Ireland, the test which was adopted in 2007 is now been used by all the Graduate-entry schools. Some of them are;
• Royal College of Surgeons
• University of Limerick
• University College Dublin
• University College Cork
• Jagiellonian University of Medicine
• Poznan University of Medical Sciences
• Oceania University of Medicine
The nature of GAMSAT.
GAMSAT utilizes a system somewhat in contrast to the regular test system which is based on the students’ knowledge of the subjects and courses. It utilizes a system that evaluates the students’ reasoning, general knowledge and problem-solving skills. This way, students are demanded to apply their mastery and use of basic science, tactical thinking, problem-solving and article writing in answering the test questions. This is why more ingenious GAMSATpreparations must be made by aspiring students for them to successfully write the test. The forms of questions in the test are not entirely new or strange, they’re all created from the major courses of sciences; Mathematics, Chemistry (general and organic chemistry), Physics, Biology and English.
Writing GAMSAT involves hours of skilful problems solving. It is presented in three sections that are meant to be all completed in about 5 hours. The three sections of the test are;
1. Humanities and social sciences: This is the first section, it contains 75 questions which are based on humanities and social science courses. Students are required to complete it in 1 hour 40 minutes.
2. Essay and communication assessment: In this second section, students are evaluated based on their writing and communication skills. Students are therefore required to develop two essays in an hour.
3. Physical sciences: This is the third and final section of the test. It is designed to evaluate the students’ skill in the science of biology, physics and chemistry. Before taking this section, students are given an hour-long lunch break which starts at the end of the second section. The third sections contain 110 questions and the students are required to answer all in 2 hours 30 minutes
Students result grading for GAMSAT.
Students scores are based on evaluation rather than just series of points. The raw scores are never revealed to the students. However, during grading, more emphasis is laid on the third section even though the other two sections greatly affect the students’ results. At the completion of the grading process and release of the result, the scores are converted to percentages.
Students’ eligibility for GAMSAT.
Not all students are eligible to take GAMSAT, but more people are eligible than many people know. The test is designed to grant students admission for graduate-entry programs and a number of factors qualify a student to sit for it;
• To run a graduate-entry program, a student is required to already have the first degree; and as such, GAMSAT requires a first degree to be sat for.
• In this case, where a student is in the final year and will in a short while, complete his/her first degree, they can also sit for the test.
• Although the test is for entry into Medical school, it is not restricted to only medical students. As such, students with the first degree in other faculties (Arts and Social Sciences, Engineering and Health Sciences) can apply and sit for the test.
• A personal requirement, however, involves; Intellectual maturity, Basic and sound knowledge of sciences and total readiness
Adequate preparation for GAMSAT.
It may seem that truly, every major undertaking requires adequate preparation, however, adequate GAMSAT preparation is a major determinant of the students’ overall performance. GAMSAT preparation guarantees that students who follow the scheme excellent in the test, the preparation includes the professionally and specially developed materials and books that will ensure the reality of students’ success in the GAMSAT. Students’ preparation for the test should cover these four scopes;
The first step towards excelling in GAMSAT is in the registration; no one participates in what they are not into. Students have to realize that unlike other programs which their registrations take a month, week or days before the program, the GAMSAT registration starts earlier. Registrations for this test comes up twice yearly (the test is taken twice a year anyway) and about 4 months before the test. The two times GAMSAT is sat for are; first, during late March into Early April and second, towards the end of September. It is therefore tantamount for aspiring students to get their registrations done and have their place secured. After registration, they have about four months to put all necessary things in place. Guide on the registration procedure can be gotten from the AceGAMSAT preparation materials.
One of the major skills that must be developed by students prior to the test is excellent time management. The AceGAMSAT preparation materials and preparation courses are designed to acquit students with the timing they will work with when sitting for the test. Time preparation is very crucial to the students, they must learn to work with very limited time. Also, considering the nature of GAMSAT which involves skills evaluation and problems solving, it is also important that students improve their speed in answering questions. And also be speedy in critical and logical thinking and in solving real problems.
Students who will sit for GAMSAT have to be psychologically prepared and mentally ready for the test. A number of things that the students should do are;
• Students should gather as much relevant knowledge as they can in sciences and other related fields.
• Students should endeavour to have relevant skills that will aid their excellent performance.
• Students should acquire the AceGAMSAT books as they are professionally designed to meet all preparation needs of students for the test.
In order to perform excellently in the GAMSAT, it is mandatory for students to study the proper materials for the test. It will be very absurd for a student to just read randomly from physics, chemistry or biology textbook. It will be equally unfruitful for students to solve random questions from mathematics textbooks or just scribble random essay topics. All of these actions will not only be a waste of time, effort and resources but will finally not yield the desired performance in the test. The perfect materials of study must, therefore, be streamlined to be very relevant to the test being prepared for. And this is exactly how the AceGAMSAT preparation resources are designed. Not only do these resources help the students stay on the right track in their readiness for the test, they also provide students with what to expect; while making the experience very similar to the actual test
GAMSAT preparations proper Set Up
The whole scope and scheme of GAMSAT is made up of 7 subjects;
And it is very unlikely that a student can cover all of these subjects by random reading and studying of a textbook and other imprecise resources. However, AceGAMSAT resources for all of these subjects have been developed along with primary and general guide about the whole scope of GAMSAT. The development of the AceGAMSAT preparation courses has positioned students for optimum performance in the test. Every single one of these preparation materials was carefully and specially developed by professionals who are putting in hours with their years of GAMSAT experience. These materials therefore ensure;
• That students streamline their studies and preparations towards the test and not random, stressful and uncertain studies.
• That students have a similar experience as when they sit for the test, thereby ensuring that they know what to expect.
• That students horn their speed; in answering questions, thinking logically and tactically and solving problems. This way, they are very ready to handle the speed demand during the test.
• That students answer questions, solve problems and apply their skills in ways very similar to the test.
• That student can answer the questions and solve the problems after practices.
• That students realize their errors, correct them and have a deep and lasting understanding of the corrections they make. Since the solutions to every single question in the AceGAMSAT books are provided in very understandable forms.
• That student can afford the financial cost of effective GAMSAT preparation by not having to spend on acquiring irrelevant and uncertain materials. These GAMSAT preparation materials have been designed optimally and can be acquired at affordable prices.
• That student does not have their preparation period wasted by trying to study loads of random textbooks. This can concentrate on the proper guide and study outline coupled with the questions provided all within the preparation period and ultimately perform excellently at the test.
• That most importantly, students are no longer in uncertainty and doubt as to what to expect in the test. This is because these GAMSAT preparation courses give them exactly what to expect, which are the form of questions and the most proper way to solve them.
The GAMSAT books for the perfect GAMSAT preparation.
To successfully and efficiently cover the whole GAMSAT scheme so that no part is left out and so no chance of failure, the preparation courses have been designed into 8 AceGAMSAT books;
1. The Humanities Bible
2. The Biology Bible
3. The Organic chemistry Bible
4. The Physics Bible
5. The General Chemistry Bible
6. The Mathematics Bible
7. The GAMSAT Practical tests
8. The GAMSAT Bible
As mentioned earlier that GAMSAT is not open only to students who have obtained medical degrees and that it covers the broad range of humanities and general skills. In fact, the first section which contains 75 questions which are to be answered in 1 hour 40 minutes is all about the humanities and social sciences. Therefore, the AceGAMSAT preparation Humanity bible is comprehensively designed to prepare students for the 4 parts of section 1 of the test. These four parts are;
1. Analyzing and extracting points and meanings from Prose, Poem, Songs and Drama: In this part, students are equipped with the skill to thoroughly comprehend every given passage, prose, poem, songs and dramas and to apply the required logical reasoning and approach in effectively answering the questions presented.
2. Comprehending Humanities and the standard concepts of the social science: Here, the students develop the basic understanding of Humanities and its applications and the relations and the notion of social sciences. And therefore effectively answering all related questions.
3. A quick interpretation of cartoons and illustrations: Part of the problems to be solved when sitting for the GAMSAT is the proper comprehension of cartoons and effectively interpreting them. As such, the Humanities Bible comes with every aspect of cartoons and illustrations which after proper practices by the students, they are very set for the section 1 of the test.
4. Applying critical and analytical thinking skills. To successfully clear the first section of the GAMSAT, students have to make a tactical analysis as the solutions to the problems span beyond the primary academics.
In all, however, the Humanities covers all scopes of Human culture and interactions, which are:
• International Relations
• Visual Culture
The GAMSAT Biology Bible.
Biology in the GAMSAT is structured in no different way from other subjects and as such, same approach of in-depth studies must be used by students to successfully answer all Biology questions of the test.
The section 3 of the test which contains 100 questions to be answered in 2 hours 50 minutes is 40% for biology. This may sound so amazing, but it’s more amazing to properly utilize the biology Bible. In this preparation book, students are fully prepared for the sections of biology that the test is built on. Some of the topics include;
1. Biology of cells and cell division: In this section, students acquire the proper approach to answering questions on the Basic structure of the cell, the cell membrane, membrane transport, Mitosis and Meiosis, and the techniques for organic molecule analysis.
2. Macromolecules and the Cellular Metabolism: In this part, students are required to work on the Structure and Metabolism of proteins, carbohydrates and lipid.
4. The Gastrointestinal system
5. The Musculoskeletal system
6. The Circulatory system
7. The Excretory system
8. The Endocrine and hormone system
9. Microbes and communicable diseases
13. Electrolytes, water, and Acid-Base Balance
14. The Nervous system and neurology: Under which are Neural control, sensory reception and coordination.
The GAMSAT Organic chemistry Bible.
Organic chemistry seems to freight into many students when they come across it. And for GAMSAT, an excellent work done in chemistry is a major determinant of the students’ success, just like the biology, organic chemistry makes up a part of the third section of the GAMSAT. For this reasons, therefore, the AceGAMSAT preparation biology bible is carefully and specially developed such that students who properly utilize it will gain the optimum ability to deal with the third section of the test. The themes of organic chemistry that are utilized in GAMSAT include;
• The principal of organic chemistry
• Diels-Alder reactions
• Functional groups
• Sigmatropic rearrangements
• Aldol formation and condensation
• The terpene structure
• Weiner Index
• Bicyclic Nomenclature
• Infrared Spectroscopy
• Beer-Lambert Law
• IUPAC nomenclature
• Ternary Diagram
• Morphine rules
• Geometric Conformation and Structure
• Reactions of common groups with their properties
• Chirality and its application
• Organic reaction mechanisms
• Carbocation re-arrangements
• Substitution and Elimination reactions
• Resonance structure
• Peptide hydrolysis
• Fatty acids and iodine
• The 4n+2 rule and the aromatic systems
• Substituent groups on the benzene ring
• Fischer and Newman projections
• Conformational isomerism
• Cahn-Ingold-Prelog convention and the application to stereoisomerism
• True configuration to optical isomers
With thorough treatments on these topics using the AceGAMSAT biology Bible, students are sure to excel in the organic chemistry questions when they sit for the test.
For some, physics is fun, for some others complicated and for so many, their main challenge is the formulas they will require in solving physics questions. Whichever case it may be for any student who will sit for GAMSAT, the best way to deal with all of the challenges and develop in-depth knowledge and understanding of the physics aspect of GAMSAT is through the use of the AceGAMSAT Physics Bible. The themes that are usually presented in the test are many and do not remain the same, however, some of the main appearances are;
1. Force: and some of the subheadings are;
• Friction force
• Newton’s First Law of Motion
• Newton’s Second Law of Motion
• Newton’s Third Law of Motion
• Centripetal force
• Centripetal motion
• Gravitational force
2. Work and energy: some of the subheadings are;
• Law of conservation
• Elastic and non-elastic collisions
• Calculations on power, work, potential energy and kinetic energy
• Calculations on elastic force and potential
3. Fluids in physics: some of the subheadings are;
• Archimedes Principle
• Hydrostatic pressure
• Surface tension
• Cohesive force and Adhesive force
• Liquid flow
• Bernoulli’s equation and its applications
4. Electrostatics: some of the subheadings are;
• Ohms Law
• Series circuits and Parallel circuits
• Current, Voltage and Resistance
5. Waves: some of the subheadings are;
• Frequency and Time period
• Simple harmonic motion
• Spring oscillator
• Pendulum movement
• Snell’s Law
6. Magnetism: some of the subheadings are;
• Polarity and Direct current in an electromagnet
• Force on a current carrier
• Polarity of magnets
• Induction mechanism
7. Optics: some of the subheadings are;
• Object image and focal distance
• Lens and Mirror
• Object image height and distance
• Ray diagrams
8. Linear motion: some of the subheadings are;
• Time and Displacement
• Velocity and Acceleration
• Linear motion graphs
• Velocity time graphs
• Projectile motion
The GAMSAT General chemistry Bible.
This comprehensive AceGAMSAT book is specially developed to cover the aspects of general chemistry that students will be required to face in the GAMSAT. Some of the themes of the general chemistry that are utilized in the test are;
• Prediction of reaction products
• Nuclear chemistry
• Chemical kinetics
• Physical chemistry
• Rate law
It is full of GAMSAT general chemistry practice questions And because the General chemistry covers all other aspects not covered by organic chemistry, the AceGAMSAT general chemistry bible is comprehensively developed. This is to ensure that students; after properly utilizing it in preparation will develop outstanding knowledge and approach to the subject and therefore correctly answer every related question.
The GAMSAT Mathematics Bible.
When it comes to sections in GAMSAT, there is no particular section for mathematics, but when working on section three, adequate, deep and comprehensive knowledge of mathematics is a prerequisite for excellence. Mathematics might be difficult for so many students but with the use of AceGAMSAT Mathematics Bible, students are sure to develop the in-depth knowledge of what to expect. Apart from the topics that require studying in other to successfully complete the section 3 of GAMSAT, the mathematics bible is also specially designed for students to horn their estimation and approximation skills.
The topics utilized in the test include;
• Order of operations
• Logarithms and Exponents
• Scientific Notation
• Basic Geometry
• Integers and their properties
It should be understood, however, that there is no use of calculators during the test. That is why it is important for students to develop the skill of quick, accurate and excellent estimation. This skill is also due to other reasons and some of the reasons are:
• The questions are of multiple choice and as such students with the required estimation skill will easily determine the answers either by eliminating the absurd options or considering the most suitable
• There is very limited time for every section, thus; the entire test. And therefore the most appropriate way to beat the time and still excel in the test is through the utilization of excellent estimation skill, rather than solving for every answer.
• Also, as mentioned earlier, there is no particular section set out for mathematics, rather it has to be applied across the entire test. Therefore, students are not required to scribble pages of mathematical workings, but rather to apply the proper mathematical skills in the approach of questions that require it.
Gamsat Mathematics Bible
The GAMSAT practical tests.
The efficiency of solving all problems and answering all questions in the GAMSAT is in the proper practices. In fact, the major part of the GAMSAT preparation is practising. While other things can be put in place once, efficient and proper practice is continuous down to the date of the test. In order to ensure the best of practice for students preparing for the test, AceGAMSAT practical tests book was developed. It comes in the exact format of the actual GAMSAT. It utilizes the three sections by providing students with questions that ultimately prepared them for the test. The AceGAMSAT practical tests book is sectioned into three to allow for efficient study and practice. Just like the actual GAMSAT test, the first section of the book presents 75 humanities and social science questions.
The questions are the inexact standard of the GAMSAT and therefore students who utilize the book well are sure to clear the first section of the test when they eventually take it. Another outstanding fact is that the solution to every one of the 75 questions has been provided in the book for an easy and thorough understanding of the students. It is also advised that when students use the practise tests, they should do so using the time stated which is the same time with the actual test, this will ensure help in the development of their speed and therefore get them fully ready for the test.
The second section of the practical test book is also in the same form as the section 2 of the actual test. The essays are presented in the same standard as the essays in the GAMSAT. This, therefore, ensures that the students who utilize it are sound and ready for the second section of the test. Also, in this section, it is ensured that the students can develop excellent articles and effectively communicate them in writings.
The third section is designed as the exact replica of section 3 of the actual GAMSAT, it presents 100 questions and of the proper standard. The AceGAMSAT practical tests are so comprehensive, it engages the similar subject percentage as of GAMSAT. The subject percentages are;
• Biology-related questions of 40%
• Physics questions of 20%
• Organic chemistry questions of 20%
• General chemistry questions of 20%.
These unique and comprehensive presentations make the GAMSAT practical test a must utilized AceGAMSAT book.
The AceGAMSAT study guide.
This is also called the GAMSAT Bible. This book is developed as the total roundup package for GAMSAT preparations. In this book, students are adequately developed on the following skills;
1. Excellent Vocabulary Building: This way, students are guided and helped in building and developing their vocabularies. And as such getting acquitted with the various seemingly difficult words in section 1 of the test. They’re also equipped with excellent vocabularies that can be utilized in section 2 of the test; where they are required to develop superior articles around given topics.
2. Consistent And Effective Study Routine: The study guide is specially designed to help the students develop a study routine that actually works. This is as opposed to the primary study style of randomly reading and trying to gather resources towards the test. This skill is will ensure an excellent study plan towards the test and ultimately guarantee an excellent performance.
3. Excellent comprehension mastery: It is good to read a comprehension and try to answer questions on it, but it is a rare skill to gain mastery of comprehension passages. The study guide helps the students to gain an absolute mastery of section 1 of the GAMSAT where they are required to read and assimilate comprehensions and show excellent understanding by providing the correct answers to questions that follow.
4. AceGAMSAT Elimination Strategy: This is a rare skill that can only be developed by students who use the AceGAMSAT study guide. Students are able to efficiently eliminate absurd answers, pick out correct ones and ultimately beating the time and having a wonderful performance.
5. Accurate guessing strategy: When students run out of time while writing the GAMSAT, it is very difficult for them to remain coordinated and quickly provide answers to the questions that may be left. However, using the study guide equips the students with the skill of most accurate guessing and as such, if they run out of time, they can still confidently provide the right answers to every remaining question.
6. Effective essay planning and writing: As already made clear, the section 2 of the GAMSAT is made up of two essays which the students are required to develop in an hour. This study guide, therefore, equips students with the skill to properly plan and write essays on every topic they come across in good time.
Sitting for Graduate Australian Medical School Admissions Test (GAMSAT) is a defining chapter for the future of the medical students. But sitting for it and excelling is the real success. But is it clear also that a regular or random study of just any material is not enough for a good performance? The very best of preparations must be made to reach at least 70%. Therefore, the best GAMSAT preparation that students can make is the acquisition and utilization of the complete set of the AceGAMSAT preparation materials and resources.
Physiotherapy or physical therapy is a treatment for patients who are experiencing limited motion, strength or function in an area of their body. The patient may experience these limitations as a result of an injury, accident, or may have limitations from birth. Work injury physiotherapy can help restore movement, and improve the quality of life for its patients. Almost everyone could benefit from sports physiotherapy at some time in their lives. Day to day living is hard on our bodies, we continually put them to the test with sports and work activities, and sometimes experience injuries through no fault of our own, such as in the case of a car accident.
A qualified physiotherapist can help you recover from an injury or simply help relieve your pain and bring you more movement in the case of medical conditions such as cerebral palsy or after a stroke. He or she will do an assessment on you to determine what the problem is, take a medical history, and explain to you what is needed for recovery. Diagnostic tests such as x-rays or an MRI may be necessary to determine the nature of the condition. Next comes a treatment plan, involving the physiotherapist and you, as he or she will most likely give you some exercises to do on your own at home to help aid in your recovery and speed up the healing process.
Some of the treatment choices for physiotherapy are exercise programs geared towards the specific condition and patient ability and lifestyle, massage, heat or ice packs to assist with pain and reduce inflammation, muscle re-education, and joint manipulation and/or mobilisation to help regain movement in the affected area.
A physiotherapist may also prescribe the use of a mobility aid, such as crutches, a walker, cane or wheelchair as either a temporary or permanent measure.
Another instance where physiotherapy may come in to play is post surgery. Post operative patients having had surgery for a fracture or joint replacement may need assistance in re learning how to use the limb or joint, and physiotherapy can help. In the case of amputation, physiotherapy can help a patient learn how to live with and make use of a new prosthetic limb.
Physiotherapy plays an important role in health care and overall well being. Whether you come to need physiotherapy as the result of a disability, an injury, surgery, stroke or medical condition, you will be working with a trained professional who can help you get the most out of life.
The Importance of Physiotherapy.
Many times individuals seek the help of a physiotherapist in order to minimize the amount of pain that they may be feeling throughout their muscles and general body. The majority of individuals who seek the help of physiotherapists are experiencing pain and/or discomfort from age, injury, or diseases.
The main priority of embarking on a physio therapeutic journey is to identify what the issues with the body are and determining a course of treatment in order to maximize the life potential of the patient and to increase their general mobility throughout the day. With the implementation of treatments, and rehabilitation, physiotherapy can drastically create a better living experience for the patient.
With the combination of the patient’s history and a physical examination, physiotherapists will be able to determine a diagnosis and a reputable treatment and management plan that should be followed. Physio is used throughout a variety of different medicinal fields including: cardio, geriatrics, neurology, orthopedics, pediatrics, and other common areas of medicine. With the ability to practice medicine within any practice in the world, physiotherapists are easily and readily available whenever the patient seeks assistance.
If you have determined that your body has been giving you an abundance of pain, you can expect physiotherapy to assist you with:
1. Reducing overall body pain
2. Improving joint movements
3. Increasing the overall strength of an individual
4. Helping with rehabilitation from sports injuries
5. Aiding in the recovery of the individual after an injury
6. Recovery aspects before and after a surgery
7. Maintaining a treatment for chronic pain
8. Reducing headaches
9. Improving respiratory functions
Absolutely anyone will be able to benefit from the use of physiotherapy, regardless of whether they are experiencing an injury or if their age has reduced their range of movement. With the ability to attend a few sessions of muscle and strength building, individuals are provided with the opportunity to completely revolutionize their lives. For individuals who are old or young, physiotherapists can actively diagnose the issue and then come up with a method of treatment that is suitable for every individual. As one of the most popular methods for reducing pain and increasing mobility, physiotherapy has drastically changed the lives of many individuals throughout the world
Physiotherapy For Knee Injuries.
If you have ever experienced an injury to the knee then you will know that it can be one of the most painful places to get hurt. Its not an experience that you would wish upon anyone. It can really be a killer especially for those that play sports. There are athletes all over the world that experience the pain of knee injuries every year, and it can be as simple as a small sprain to something as serious as a tear. Thankfully most of the injuries that athletes experience are minor and they do not have to go into surgery. The great thing with small injuries is that an athlete can do physiotherapy treatment to the injured area to relieve the pain that they may be experiencing and get themselves back in action for the sport that they play in.
The first thing that doctors recommend to most patients that have experienced a knee injury is to seek physiotherapy treatment. More specifically they recommend it those that have experienced any kind of strain, torn ligaments, or torn tendon. Where an injury is serious and physiotherapy is not working to relieve the patient of the pain that they are experiencing then will a doctor consider the option of surgery to be done. Surgery is the last thing that the doctor considers, and never seen as the first resort, when a person has injured their knees. The problem of doing knee surgery on a patient is that the pain experienced can be horrific and recovery can take a long time.
There are many different kinds of knee injuries that a patient would experience some pain. The most common type of injury caused to the knee is a ligament sprain which happens when there is a sudden twist caused to the knee usually done by jumping or running. If a ligament gets torn then it can cause internal bleeding in the knee which will result in the knee swelling up. In some cases a torn ligament does require surgery but it can often be fixed with physiotherapy, but a sprained ligament can usually be sorted with just physiotherapy treatment.
So there you have it if you do experience a knee injury then in most cases the doctors advise would be to seek out physiotherapy treatment which will most likely solve the problem. Only if a doctor sees the injury as serious will surgery ever be considered.
Treating Sports Injuries With Physiotherapy
There is nothing more devastating than a sports injury in the life of an athlete. For people fueled with passion for a career in sports and athletics, being physically hampered is the least they want to be. The dreadful thought of not being able to get back on track is often the culprit of frustration; however, it is also the driving force that pushes athletes to seek for immediate means of recuperation. Aside from athletes, more and more people are submitting themselves into the thrill and hype of sports for recreation and health reasons. Because majority of these people are not skillfully trained in this field of action, they easily succumb to the pressures of physically demanding activities, thus becoming highly predisposed to the likelihood of ending up with sports-acquired injuries.
Muscles of an injured body part if left immobile or unused will atrophy – this is a medical condition that suggests decreased muscle mass possibly leading to complete or partial muscle wasting. To avoid such, physicians, after a series of lab work-ups and medical regimen, would recommend rehabilitation measures to injury-inflicted individuals to hasten recovery. Physiotherapy is an option highly suggested because it allows recovery of strength and function of the injured part.
In physiotherapy, patients who have had sports-induced musculoskeletal injuries would be subjected to manual therapies, massage treatment, electrotherapy techniques or range of motion exercise programs with the aid of a competent physiotherapist. All of these treatment procedures are aimed to rejuvenate the function of affected areas by inducing blood supply and regaining muscle strength. The duration of this rehabilitation option might take weeks, months or even close to a year depending on the severity of acquired sports injury. Through physiotherapy, a previously injured athlete or sports enthusiast can be assessed as to whether or not they are capable to get back on track and resume their enthusiasm for that sport activity that they do best.
Physiotherapy for Shoulder Rotator Cuff Injury.
The shoulder is one of the most mobile joints in the body, allowing us to reach out and grab an object and place it almost anywhere. This is all possible because of our rotator cuff muscles, which are always active during arm movements to keep the ball of the shoulder in the socket. It is no surprise then that the rotator cuff is subject to overuse and injuries are commonplace in the physiotherapy clinic.
The rotator cuff is made up of 4 small but important muscles which play a key role in the stability of the shoulder. These are the supraspinatus, infraspinatus, subscapularis and teres minor muscles. More often than not, it is the supraspinatus that is at fault however any one of these muscles can be injured either in isolation or in conjunction with one another.
While injury can occur from an acute incident, such as falling onto an outstretched arm, it is more likely to be caused from repetitive overload of the shoulder musculature and come on gradually. Due to this fact, these conditions usually affect people over the age of 35, however they are also quite common in the sporting population, especially “overhead athletes” such as swimmers, throwers and those involved in racquet sports.
Common complaints are:
1. Pain when moving the arm out to the side
2. Difficulty sleeping on the injured side
3. Difficulty doing overhead activities, such as hanging out the washing, putting things away on the top shelf
4. Dull ache in shoulder after activity
Several things can predispose a person to a rotator cuff disorder, however the most common cause is impingement of the rotator cuff due to abnormal scapulo-humeral rhythm (the integrated movement of the shoulder blade and arm) and weak rotator cuff muscles. Poor scapulo-humeral rhythm is often the result of muscular tightness and strength imbalances and can be effectively treated by physiotherapy. It is important to get your assessed early on. the longer you leave getting your shoulder treated the harder it becomes to treat and the more likely you are to get secondary problems.
Physiotherapists are well trained in assessing the shoulder and identifying the cause of rotator cuff disorders. A consult with one of these health professionals should involve a thorough examination of the shoulder biomechanics, the spine, and the muscles of both the rotator cuff and scapula. They will then go on to treat the problems that they find using evidence-based treatment techniques such as massage, mobilisation and dry needling. Furthermore, a rehabilitation program specific to you will be prescribed and should include a range of exercises and stretches to help correct the abnormalities and strengthen the rotator cuff.
Physiotherapists have the clinical skills to assess and treat posture and muscle imbalances, and overuse injuries of the shoulder muscles. The physiotherapist will develop a strengthening program to restore normal function of the shoulder and prevent recurrence of
Physiotherapy For Spinal Cord Injury.
Spinal cord injuries (SCI) are one of the most serious consequences of high speed accidents or sporting activities, a rare but devastating injury which can also occur after infections, tumours or ischaemic damage. The largest risk group are younger people due to their propensity to perform risky activities but a person of any age can suffer from SCI. Car and motorcycle accidents account for the highest proportion of injuries and due to the complicated picture after this injury a multi-disciplinary team of professionals is vital to ensure the patient reaches the highest level of independence for their particular condition. The terms quadriplegia and paraplegia are used to describe the resulting disability.
The initial medical evaluation is performed to establish the respiratory status of the patient and deal with any other of the likely multiple injuries. Once the patient is stabilised the doctors try and work out the level in the spine where the damage has occurred, an important fact as it relates closely to medical and therapy management. A low lumbar fracture will have no effect on the arms or the ability to breathe so the patient will have good trunk and arm power and the aerobic ability to develop independence. Cervical and upper thoracic injuries impair the respiratory ability of the patient and limit arm function, making rehabilitation much harder.
The first thing to establish is the level of the injury, a diagnosis that is very important as it indicates the whole path of medical and physiotherapy management. If the spine is fractured low down in the back there should be few, if any, respiratory consequences and the patient will have full power in their arms and chest to achieve independence. If the injury is high, in the thorax or the neck, this may compromise the patient’s ability to breathe spontaneously and will mean a much more difficult rehabilitation period with limited independence overall.
Respiratory physiotherapy consists of assessing the patient’s respiratory ability, teaching the patient to deep breathe and expand the lungs fully, and cough to expectorate. If the lower abdomen is paralysed the patient may need to stabilise the area with their arms to allow a propulsive cough. In more disabled patients the physiotherapist may stabilise, helping the air to exit suddenly in coughing. A cough assist machine can be used to provoke a cough, and initial management in intensive care may also involve respiratory suction.
If the spine is unstable, which it often is in spinal trauma resulting in paraplegia, a spinal surgeon will stabilise the spine, usually with instrumentation and bone grafting. This allows the patient to start their rehabilitation without the long wait for the spinal fractures to heal naturally. Initial physiotherapy management is to monitor the respiratory status, encourage active movement of unaffected areas and perform passive movements of paralysed body parts to retain and improve the ranges of motion which will be required later for independence.
The physiotherapist will progress the patient gradually into a more upright posture by putting the back of the bed up. If got up too quickly, the patient’s blood pressure can drop suddenly and this must be avoided, so the patient is eventually transferred into a wheelchair with a sloping back and elevating leg rests. Gradually they become more upright and can start practising sitting balance on a plinth as trunk control is often poor and must be mastered before arm and trunk strengthening and wheelchair transfers can be safely practised.
By this time the patient will have learned trunk control in sitting, wheelchair transfers and strengthening work, so at this stage they should be routinely transferred to a unit specialising in spinal injuries. Experienced advice from the multidisciplinary team about the large number of skills they need to learn is available there to foster the highest level of independence. Many factors impact on whether the patient can lead a fully independent life including their age, other medical difficulties, family support, motivation and attitude and the spinal level affected. Some people with higher lesions may need routine care from a pool of carers throughout the day.
Physiotherapist Treatment of Acute Lower Back Pain
Acute Lower Back Pain is one of the most common conditions that Physiotherapists see. It can occur from even the most minor of events, such as leaning over to pick something small off the floor, or sneezing. The pain experienced can range from being reasonably mild to the point of being unable to move. The area in which the pain is felt can also vary – from being concentrated in the Lower Back to being felt into the leg. The Lumbar Spine (lower back) has a number of structures in it that can be affected when an injury is sustained. The major ones include: – the discs between vertebrae – the Facet joints (the joints joining vertebrae together) – and/or the muscles in the lower back. In many cases, there will be a combination of the above.
So what does diagnosis actually mean?
When you first consult your Physiotherapist, you will be made to perform a series of movements and tests that will help the therapist get a better idea of where the pain is actually coming from. When the disc is involved, it usually means that the outer ring, the Annulus Fibrosis, is damaged, and could be causing a “disc bulge”. In severe cases, the disc can tear right through, causing what is known as a Disc Herniation or more commonly known (but incorrectly) as a “slipped disc”. When the facet joints are involved, the pain may be more concentrated on one side of the lower back, with accompanying restriction in movement.
The Joints in the lower back can be injured in the same way as other joints in the body, such as the ankle. This means that they can also suffer from sprains, and cartilage dysfunction. Commonly with injuries to the facet joints the swelling process is set off, as with any other joint injuries. This means that swelling will occur, which puts pressure on the surrounding structures in the lower back, and increases the intensity and area of the pain felt. In many conditions, there will be an element of neural or ‘nerve’ involvement, with either tightness or a loss of sensation being felt in your extremities. Although indicative of a more serious problem, this does not mean that the problem cannot be resolved reasonably quickly.
What Do to Do?
STAGE 1: Pain Management Rest:
Avoid using the back in anything even remotely strenuous. Ice: Early; Often in the first 48 hours, over the area of pain; 15-20 minutes every 2-4 hours. Try to keep the back moving within your range without pain – this will reduce stiffness and prevent muscle wasting. Contrary to popular belief, complete immobility is not ideal. Taping may be an option to help with immediate pain relief.
STAGE 2: Sub-Acute Management.
Pain reduction and Restoration of movement will be the focus of treatment at this stage. Manual Therapy applied by the Physiotherapist will likely be the main treatment modality used. Soft Tissue (e.g. Muscle) manipulation are likely to be used by the Physiotherapist. Your Physiotherapist will guide you as to what you should expect, according to you individual condition.
STAGE 3: Return To Function.
Once movement has started to return, and pain begins to subside, the focus of treatment will turn towards restoration of function. In some cases, a graded rehabilitation programme will begin, aiming at ensuring that no muscle strength is lost, and that core stability is maintained. Your Physiotherapist will guide you through any rehabilitation programme step by step. Return to normal function at work will be a major goal – ensuring that you are able to perform your work tasks safely and comfortably. In this stage, time frames can be hard to quantify for injury resolution. The initial severity and the structure injured in many cases is the main determinant as to how long the injury may take to resolve. If you are at all concerned about how long the injury is taking to resolve, do not hesitate to speak with your therapist.
Physiotherapy Management of Hamstring Injuries.
The accurate diagnosis of the injury and the degree of its severity is the crucial factor to be decided initially as this indicates how the injury is to be expected to improve and how long it will be until the patient has functionally recovered. The mainstay of treatment is physiotherapy and the physio has to decide the how to progress the treatment according to the level of tissue injury and the time which has elapsed since the event. There is no effective scientific evidence for managing this kind of injury and the physiotherapist will design the rehabilitation programme individually to suit the particular and variable requirements.
There are three initial phases which hamstring injuries can be classified into: the acute phase, the sub-acute phase and the remodeling phase. There is a different treatment plan and strategy for each phase and the time elapsed since injury. The acute stage can last up to the end of the week since injury and the main aims are to reduce the levels of inflammation, pain and swelling secondary to the tissue damage. Treatment normally follows the PRICE system: protection; rest; ice; compression; elevation. Protection is aimed at eliminating any significantly harmful stresses to the damaged tissues, with the treatment options of using crutches to limit the amount of weight on the leg or bracing the knee in flexion.Rest is the second requirement to protect the damaged muscle tissue by eliminating force through the area although athletes find this difficult to adhere to. Ice is a primary treatment for acute injuries and reduces pain when applied for approximately 20 minutes, with a check after 10 to ensure skin health. Cold inhibits inflammatory changes in the local area by reducing metabolism and so the amount of circulation coming to the area. Compression may be more useful than cold, which is typically used by physios, and controls local swelling, with elasticated bandages applied to the limb an effective strategy.
For acute injuries elevation of the affected parts is usually advised with the part lifted above heart level to give the best effect in providing build up of tissue fluid. The position of the injury to the hamstrings makes elevation impractical and it may be unnecessary. A reduction in the levels of pain and inflammation allows the physiotherapist to start passive movements to the limb and to prescribe active assisted movements. Physios avoid stretching at this point as this may aggravate the symptoms and damage the area. Minor hamstring injuries typically recover in a few days but should still be managed appropriately.
Soft tissue injuries take at least six weeks to heal, even minor ones, so once feeling much better athletes should be encouraged to ease slowly into doing more stressful activities and should pay attention to strengthening muscles, stretching and balance to reduce the likelihood of the injury recurring. In the sub acute phase, which lasts until about three weeks after injury, the pain and inflammation of the acute injury should be reducing and so the physiotherapist can progress the treatment on to active range of motion exercises and then to muscle strengthening.
To facilitate hamstring rehabilitation without a high degree of weight bearing on the limb it can be appropriate to use pool therapy and patients can continue with their aerobic training to maintain their cardiovascular ability and arm training. The injured area will be exercised with sub maximal training effort. The phase of remodelling takes the injury towards the six week time after the injury and the physio will test to see if the patient can cope with a full strength contraction without any pain. If successful the rehab can be progressed via through range exercises (isotonic) with light weights and high repetitions.
The patient starts this process in prone with light ankle weights, progressing to heavier and heavier resistance provided the pain in the injured area is not provoked. The progression of weights should be conservative as too rapid an increase may lead to relapse and a more long term problem. Once the patient has achieved good strengthening with the muscle shortening (concentric contraction) they should be progresses to strengthening with the muscle lengthening (eccentric contraction).